Our journey of ISOLATION AND REJECTION comes to a close, with our fifth and final volume of rejected and orphaned sounds, collated for your pleasure and also raising money for The Brick, a brilliant charity in Wigan.
We’ve raised £2,000 so far, which is amazing – and we’ve also given a home to sounds otherwise left out in the rain or down the back of the sofa, or brutally cast aside by evil record label bosses as they seek fame, fortune or some kind of ‘coherence’ to their own charity compilations. The fools.
The full tracklist…
- Assembled Minds – The Eerie Machine Hums a Barley Song to the Sun
- Accidental Tones – Mute
- R.C. Soundtracks – Exhibit F
- Cahn Ingold Prelog – Diweddion
- The Both And – Tomorrowland
- Simpl_Machine – The Worst In Me
- Bit Cloudy – Secret Genes
- Utility Player – Heat Evolution
- The Metamorph – The Wisdom Of Orac
- das fax mattinger – Sommerhit (live at Fluc Mensa)
- Isobel Ccircle~ – Devour Isolation
- Laica – (Kakinuma) Traces of the soul
- jonny mugwump – the mirror cracked
- Petrine Cross – Absorbed In Artificial Night
- Jonathan Sharp – Brides Beck
- Synthetic Villains – Rhythm & Weep (Remix)
- Mammoth Beat Organ – Mast
- The Phlod-Nar – Flames & Thunder
- Blood Everywhere – Retaliate First
- Quartersized – Limiting
- Dogs Versus Shadows – C.C.P
- Digital Observations – Robot Isolation
- The Kendal Mintcake – ∞%Y
- Dominic Bradnum – Lo-Fi Symphony for Portslade-by-Sea (Requiem for BLANK 5)
Volume 5 is the perfect way to end this project, featuring the likes of Mammoth Beat Organ (Sam Underwood and Graham Dunning), Cahn Ingold Prelog, Assembled Minds, jonny mugwump, Jonathan Sharp, A.R.C. Soundtracks, Accidental Tones and many many more. There are 24 in total on Volume 5, making 115 tracks released across the whole series. That’s a stat for you.
ISOLATION AND REJECTION was born out of thinking about what happened to all the tracks that didn’t make it onto those fancy compilations (you know the ones), and then turned into a larger-than-planned project to collect, collate and promote rejected sounds. This is not an isolation project – it’s a rejection project.
We asked artists “Did you get rejected from that compilation? Did you send something somewhere, and then nothing happened? Did that one weird track not quite fit on the new album? Did you lose that guaranteed hit in the (actual or virtual) loft and have just stumbled across it? Well this is the compilation for you!”
All income raised is going to The Brick in Wigan – a charity on the front line of supporting those most in need, seeking to address the inequalities across our country exacerbated by COVID-19, but there all along.
Artists contributing to the series include Time Attendant, Howlround, Dolly Dolly, Cahn Ingold Prelog, Alison Cotton, Farmer Glitch, Rupert Lally, Sone Institute, The Declining Winter, TVO, Ekoplekz, Kemper Norton, Boobs of Doom, Grey Frequency, Elizabeth Joan Kelly, Thomas Ragsdale and many many more. Some you will know and some maybe you won’t.