Our adventures into the weird and wonderful world of rejected sounds continue with Volume 3 of our ISOLATION AND REJECTION project, featuring the likes of Farmer Glitch, Kieran Mahon, Sone Institute, The Declining Winter, Alison Cotton, Fragile X, Dolly Dolly and more.
ISOLATION AND REJECTION was born out of thinking about what happened to all the tracks that didn’t make it onto those fancy compilations, and is now turning into an ongoing project to collect, collate and promote rejected sounds. This is not an isolation project – it’s a rejection project.
We asked artists:
- Did you get rejected from that compilation?
- Did you send something somewhere, and then nothing happened?
- Did that one weird track not quite fit on the new album?
- Did you lose that guaranteed hit in the (actual or virtual) loft and have just stumbled across it?
- Well this is the compilation for you!
With over 100 artists signed up, we are going to release five volumes over the next few months. Each volume will showcase those lost gems, discarded and abandoned but now lovingly embraced and put front and centre for your enjoyment. We’ll also be sharing the stories behind the rejection – funny, weird and sometimes a little heart breaking.
All income raised will go to The Brick in Wigan – a fantastic charity on the front line of supporting those most in need, seeking to address the inequalities across our country exacerbated by COVID-19, but there all along.
Artists contributing to the series include Time Attendant, Howlround, Dolly Dolly, Cahn Ingold Prelog, Alison Cotton, Farmer Glitch, Rupert Lally, Sone Institute, The Declining Winter, TVO, Ekoplekz, Kemper Norton, Boobs of Doom, Grey Frequency, Elizabeth Joan Kelly, Thomas Ragsdale and many many more. Some you will know and some maybe you won’t.
- Social Oscillations – Driech
- Lee Ashcroft with Kö Manafumi – Recital
- HyMettus Woods – The Dub Inside (Sunny Remix)
- Kieran Mahon – Solitary Jazz Fumble
- Milford Audiolab – Dank / Damp
- Fragile X – What Used To Be Four Walls
- Everson Poe – Crawling Guardian
- Andromache – The Mole And The Rostrum
- Elite Barbarian – Gnat Trap
- Phexioenesystems – Water Ceramic
- Nad Spiro – Mental Gang
- Newlands – Father Sky
- Sone Institute – Age and Accident
- Farmer Glitch – Orla
- Halogen Star – Interference
- Four Italian Pep Pills – A Place Of Laps (First Few Laps)
- Johnny Domino – New Pink Shirt
- Dolly Dolly – HEADS
- LeptonLeptonLepton – The Eighth House
- Gentleforce – I Hear A Voice Crying In The Wilderness
- Alison Cotton – Violet May (DEMO)
- Vic Spanner – Thickery
- The Declining Winter – The End Of The Long, Long Days
Mastered by Anthony Morrow at Herhalen – herhalen.bandcamp.com
Volumes 4 and 5 of ISOLATION AND REJECTION will follow shortly.